TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
If you are interested in working with an exceptional company in the San
Francisco Bay area
as a Senior Technical Writer:
DESCRIPTION: In this position, you will provide developer documentation
for products created by the Biology Products Group (BPG). The products
are component-based scientific information systems for biological
researchers in the pharmaceutical industry. Your role includes all of the
following activities: Documenting application program interfaces; managing
requests for changes to the documentation; developing, documenting,
programming, and testing Visual Basic applications; and working with the
product team to assist with marketing and educational services activities.
The position requires a high standard of quality and thorough documentation
* Create online or printed documentation and technical notes for APIs,
following appropriate standards and guidelines for content and
* Write and maintain complete sample applications (and any accompanying
support files, such as structure sketches and demo databases),
step-by-step procedures, and reference material.
* Create and document sample applications in VB or VBA on Windows.
* Track documentation discrepancies and requests for more or better
* Work with programmers and testers to ensure that the APIs function
as required for current projects.
* Participate in reviews of product design, user documentation, and
* Participate in product research and design activities, such as meetings
or customer visits, providing appropriate written or oral communications
* The equivalent of a 4-year degree in any of the following: English,
journalism, or technical writing; and two years of experience in
* Experience in designing and writing user guides or online help for
complex technical information.
* Experience in developing task-oriented documentation.
* Experience with help-authoring tools.
* Programming experience in Visual Basic.
* Experience with Windows 95/NT applications.
* Strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Programming experience in Java, C, or C++.
* Experience with database software or developing client/server database
* Experience with web applications.
* Experience with applications for chemical or biological researchers in
the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
If you have an interest or know of anyone else who might have an interest in
this great opportunity, please let me know or have them contact me directly.
424 Stratford Court, Suite B27
Del Mar, CA 92014
619 509-1205 - FAX 619 509-9343
Email: rconnect -at- primenet -dot- com