Re: more light

Subject: Re: more light
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 16:38:17 +0100

Similar to putting up an overhead and asking them to tell you what it said:

THE CAT SAT
ON THE
THE MAT

People tend to see what they think should be there. It's why you're not
the best person to proofread your own work. After all, you KNOW what you've
written and tend to see that rather than what is actually there. I was
once told (by a proofreader) that he always checked a doc BACKWARDS when
only checking for typos (before spell checkers!) and then forward for
"sense".

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International