Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests

Subject: Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests
From: Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 23:28:55 -0700

Erika Steffer said:
> Active participation in professional associations, if nothing else,
> indicates that one has a professional network -- very handy resource for
> the organization, not just oneself.

I list techwr-l on my resume right under STC. Techwr-l plays a major
part in the story I tell about My Epiphany, or Why I Became A
Technical Writer: "Then I realized I understood what the manual
*meant*, which wasn't what it said. And I threw the manual against the
wall and said, 'I can do better than that!' And two weeks later
I got an announcement that techwr-l had been started...."

Thanks again, Eric! You have a lot to answer for.:)

Karen
karen -at- wordwrite -dot- com