Re: URGENT: Creating a WORD index for multiple documents

Subject: Re: URGENT: Creating a WORD index for multiple documents
From: Woolfbob <Woolfbob -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 06:46:25 EDT

In a message dated 5/15/98 15:45:10 CDT, PPalmer -at- SPHERECOM -dot- COM writes:

<< Tech friends:
My Word document has become so large that I must break it into many
smaller documents. Does anyone know how to make an INDEX for the entire
work when it contains different documents?
Thanks for your help,
Phyllis >>
Phyllis,

Gee, if it was Word Perfect I could tell you. (Sorry, just another jap at
Microsoft and the guy with the bad haircut!). Called Master document. Don't
remember where it is in Word, but in WP it is under the FILE menu. Allows you
to assemble as many documents as you want in the order you want. You can then
do an "invisible" document auto-index/TOC -- you see it but it doesn't print
and you can run an update whenever you have changed or added to the document.

Bob (Yes, I love my Word Perfect!) Woolf