Fast saves (was Re: Team Reviews of Word 97 docs)

Subject: Fast saves (was Re: Team Reviews of Word 97 docs)
From: Hope Cascio <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- US -dot- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:49:21 -0400

<major snippage fore and aft>

3. Problems with Word version 7 and 8. This mainly involves the fact that
the application
has to save so much extra information that as the file gets marked up it is
easily
corrupted and grows to immense proportions. You really risk crashing in a
way that trashes
your file and could make you strip out all the formatting and do it all
over again.
Have you disabled the Enable Fast Saves feature in the Options dialog box?
This has literally cut my file sizes in half, I don't notice a difference
in save time, and it decreases the risk of "nasties," for want of a more
technically precise term, like corruptions and crashes.

HTH, YMMV, et al,
Hope Cascio