Re: Is Grammer Important?

Subject: Re: Is Grammer Important?
From: "John P. Brinegar" <johnbri -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 16:09:28 -0600

Sure grammar is important. But is it the most important aspect of technical
communication? I don't believe so.

For a few years, I have not paid as much attention to this list as I did in
the past, because it seems to me to have so much about nuances of grammar
and punctuation, and relatively little about issues like user needs
analysis, effective use of graphic design, organization, useability
testing, and delivery techniques.

I'd like to see more discussion how we enable our users job performance by
providing what they need, when they need it, and where they need it; while
distracting them from their real work as little as possible.

John P. Brinegar http://www.primenet.com/~johnbri/index.html
Consulting and development Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.
-Performance support systems (602) 278-7398
-Technical communications johnbri -at- primenet -dot- com or dad -at- vr2link -dot- com