Re: Can WORD 5.5 files open up in Word 7 correctly?

Subject: Re: Can WORD 5.5 files open up in Word 7 correctly?
From: William Meisheid <wgm -at- SAGELINE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:29:04 -0400

>I have some WORD 5.5 files that, when opened in Word 7, are
unformatted. The font is all in courier new 10pt and
graphics are messed up.

Word 7 will open Dos Word 5.5 fine if you have the
converters installed. Try doing an update to your Word
installation using Setup and make sure you installed the
file format converters.

William Meisheid "Thoughts still and always in progress"
WUGNET/Help Authoring Forum Sysop & Microsoft MVP
Certified RoboHELP Training http://www.sageline.com
Sageline Publishing 410.465.1548 Fax: 410.465.1812
70713 -dot- 2225 -at- compuserve -dot- com or wgm -at- sageline -dot- com

-

Is there a fix I can download from Microsoft (I checked
their website
but maybe I overlooked it)? Is there anything I can do so I
don't have
to reformat everything by hand?? I need to send 2 documents
electronically to someone who needs them for a training
course. These
are old docs (from '94).

If anyone has knows what to do - please let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Kristen
klor -at- intface -dot- com

Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g.,
SIGNOFF TECHWR-L)
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives.htm
Find TECHWR-L-related books at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm
Send all list-related questions or problems to