Re: 1F8CAB asking for help

Subject: Re: 1F8CAB asking for help
From: Cees Hesp <ceeshesp -at- TIP -dot- NL>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 23:22:05 +0200

Sudhin,

In my book, an index that points you to multiple, different locations in 600- to 750-page volumes
is never going to be much good. What happens if the index points the reader to 10 different locations?
Do we really expect them to look there first, before they start calling tech support?

A better solution is to provide more detailed index entries. An index entry should point to just *one* item.
If it does not, then either the corresponding items have not been written properly (covering to many different
aspect at once), or the appropriate keywords have not been assigned.

Cees