Re: Ideas for inexpensive manual production?

Subject: Re: Ideas for inexpensive manual production?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 21:43:56 +0200

Eric,

Unfortunately, I don't see how big your manuals are, but it might be a
possibility to produce them in-house. For that you would need a powerful
printer and a decent equipment for binding. If the printer has enough
performance, you can essentially print the manuals the day you send them
out.

However, you might look at the cost for the binding, and it might be
possible that the $5 or so Kinko charges are not that bad at all. Also,
compare these costs to the overall costs of producing the manuals and also
the cost of creating them.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap