New Slant

Subject: New Slant
From: "Feeman, KevinX" <kevinx -dot- feeman -at- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:46:00 -0700

Hey All,

This is kind of a new slant on the "what should a resume have." I must
confess, I have not read many of them, so if what I say is redundant, I
apologize in advance.

As many of you know, I have started a job search to relocate to North
Carolina. At the annual STC conference, I attended the resume workshop
to get some advice on my resume. One thing that came out in the session
from one of the speakers, is that she has a special addendum that covers
all of her professional development, speaking at conferences, attending
seminars and workshops, that sort of thing. That way, that type of
information, which can be important, is not taking up space in her
resume.

As I gain more experience, I am finding it hard to keep my resume on two
pages, in a font size that is readable. So, on the plane ride home, I
thought about the presenter's suggestion of an addendum. She said that
she sends a line in her cover letter explaining that she has this
addendum if they are interested, and then let the perspective employer
decide if they want to take a look at it. I thought this was a good
idea and I was wondering what you all thought of it.

I will post a summary of responses if people want me to.

Kevin Feeman
Technical Communicator