p.c. way to say "crashing"

Subject: p.c. way to say "crashing"
From: Lizak Kristin <LizakKristin -at- JDCORP -dot- DEERE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:48:51 -0500

I am looking for ideas. Marketing wants me to rewrite a sentence that refers
to your software program crashing. Obviously "crashing" is not a good word,
and they don't like "program quits responding."

This is for an addendum to the Users Guide. A part of the program was fixed,
and we are looking for a tactful (i.e. "flowery") way to refer to when their
program fizzles out. Any suggestions would be welcome. THANKS.