Re: FW: Question: 1099 status and agencies

Subject: Re: FW: Question: 1099 status and agencies
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:41:49 -0400

(Please use the address in my signature. Autoreply will bounce.)

Lynn Perry wrote:
>Your Federal tax number is
> your social security number unless you are incorporated.

You don't need to be incorporated in order to have a separate taxID#. It's a
good idea to get one if you do business under a name other than your own
personal name. It's especially important (according to my accountant) if you
ever expect to incorporate under that business name, or if you might grow
large enough to hire an employee or subcontractor. It doesn't cost anything,
you only have to fill out one short little form, and it makes you seem more
like a 'real' business to nervous clients.

K@ katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester NY
Documentation | Templates | Conversions | Web site planning