Re: CBT

Subject: Re: CBT
From: David Warren <David -dot- Warren -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:38:44 -0400

Howdy!

I briefly recommend Authorware, as it is more of a cross-platform tool
than the Toolbook family, and is considered more
"industrial-strength." You can also get people with Macromind
Director experience who won't have quite as steep a learning curve to
climb (Director is a subset of Authorware to a considerable extent.)

Hope I Helped (not responsible if I hurt)

David T. Warren
Publications Mgr., Nextel Communications ESD

Subject: CBT
Author: Denise Lystad <lystad -at- LYNDEN -dot- COM> at INTERNET
Date: 6/2/98 1:51 PM

I have been assigned the project of producing CBT for one of our companies
even though I have never done it before. Can anyone give me any information
to help me decide which authoring tool to use? I will need to present a
business case to justify my choice. HTML is not an option because the customer
wants to have the tracking capabilities of the authoring tools (number of
right/wrong answers, number of people who have taken the tutorial, where they
have had problems, etc.) I am looking at Authorware and Toolbook Assistant II
in particular. The tool I choose needs to be fairly well known because I may
have to outsource the maintenance. I will be working on a PC to create a
tutorial for a system on a Unix box.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me! I will be happy to
summarize the responses for the list.

Denise Lystad
Lynden Incorporated
Seattle, WA