Re: 22 page manual for $400,000

Subject: Re: 22 page manual for $400,000
From: Lin Laurie <linlaurie -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:21:58 -0700

The bolding doesn't even show on my e-mail viewer.

I know that the entire process left me frustrated. I am a results-oriented
person and could not stand waiting for more than a month for input. I do
agree that in some cases the things the review committee found were great
catches and helped the end results tremendously.

And no, as far as I know, no costs were added to the pre-award stage, but a
profit margin was built in. I didn't work on that part of the job.

Anyhow, I felt at the time that a lot of improvements in the process could
be made, and still do feel that, but I'm not about to get into
entanglements with the government. The work is not all that interesting.
I'll stick to software documentation. The process is streamlines, results
are quick to occur, and I like playing with new products.

I've found my niche.

Lin