FW: PS to PDF: How long to Distill?

Subject: FW: PS to PDF: How long to Distill?
From: Lynn Perry <clperry -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:18:37 -0700

I have P90 with 32M of memory and use the HP LaserJet 4Si/Si MX PS printer
driver, Windows NT and Distiller 3.01.

I have FrameMaker files (no graphics) that compile to 43 pages of PDF in
about 3 minutes. I also have a 12-page file that has about ten 16-color
screenshots that takes about 2 minutes. In each case, the total size of all
the FrameMaker files (four to seven chapters, table of contents, index,
cover page) is about 1 MB or so.

LyP
clperry -at- walldata -dot- com
My opinions are not necessarily those of Wall Data and vice versa.