Re[2]: To GUI or Not to GUI

Subject: Re[2]: To GUI or Not to GUI
From: David Warren <David -dot- Warren -at- NEXTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:49:16 -0400

Howdy!

PLEASE do not use "graphical"--I know it is a long-standing industry
buzzword--try "graphic" instead. "Graphical-based" makes my teeth
hurt!

It'd amuse me to see a discussion on this...or is it one of those
beaten-to-death topics submerged in the FAQ?

Cheers!

David T. Warren
Publications Manager, Nextel Communications ESD

Subject: Re: To GUI or Not to GUI
Author: "Brian; Flaherty" <bflaher -at- INDCON -dot- COM> at INTERNET
Date: 6/5/98 12:13 PM

Try something along this line:

XYZ is the graphical application which extends the XYZ text-based
version.

Use "graphical-based" or "text-based" as opposed to "GUI" or "CUI".

Brian Flaherty