Re: generated TOCS w/Quark?

Subject: Re: generated TOCS w/Quark?
From: George Mena <George -dot- Mena -at- ESSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:58:45 -0700

Hi Chris :D

Frame is definitely capable of generating TOCs and indices. So is Word.
:D No reason why you can't copy and paste the final stuff into
something like Quark if you bring it over from Word. But you and I know
Frame does it better. :D

Quark's big strength is in its links and in its ability to pair kern
type. the kerning controls, I'm told, are fabulous and give graphics
designers all kinds of control from a typography standpoint. It stands
to reason that print shops would recommend Quark to him: print shops and
graphics designers speak the same language (btw, more TWs also need to
learn that lingo). :D

As it sounds like this will be an internal document, though, keep it
simple. Use Frame. :D