Hiring Hi-Tech Tech Writer: F/T Perm. Chicago Far North Shore

Subject: Hiring Hi-Tech Tech Writer: F/T Perm. Chicago Far North Shore
From: "Palmer, Phyllis" <PPalmer -at- SPHERECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 14:16:15 -0500

Company: Sphere Communications
Position: Technical Writer generalist
Location: Lake Bluff, IL
Experience level: Entry level or Experienced
Starts: ASAP
Contact Name: Phyllis Palmer, Product Information Group
Submit letter of introduction and resume only NO AGENCIES
Email address: ppalmer -at- spherecom -dot- com
Visit our web site: www.spherecom.com

*******
We're not your typical geeks!! Sphere Communications is a fast growing
cutting-edge networking/telecommunications company. We design and
develop specialized hardware and software to meet the emerging needs of
telecommunications and networking convergence.

Our company is growing quickly and you will need to acquire the skills
and concepts to communicate about our products, and the environment of
our product, at a fast pace. We are prepared to build upon your skills
and aptitude to make this the best working environment in which you have
ever worked. If you like challenge and life-long learning, Sphere
Communications is the place for you.

You will work on the following: Documentation for hardware and software,
installation guide, peer editing, and other projects. You will develop
product support documentation (and related regulatory approvals); work
with engineering, product management, marketing and technical support
groups to develop requirements for projects, design appropriate (for
audience and purpose) documentation; interpret complex technical data
for technical and non-technical audiences in written, software format
and/or multimedia.

Some experience or internship desired in providing technical
documentation for client/server and/or telecommunications environment.
Strong PC skills, thorough planning and follow through abilities, and
detail focus. Aptitude and/or proficiency in: RoboHelp, Word 97,
FrameMaker, Visio, and/or other document layout products. Aptitude
and/or understanding for programming environment, networking or
telecommunications, Windows, and computer hardware a plus.

Bachelor's Degree in Technical Communications or Technical Writing
(English or Engineering based), or Computer Science/Engineering.

Personal Traits:
Self-motivated
Ability & desire to communicate technical information to a varied
audience
Strong collaborative learner and team member, able to bridge between
departmental groups
Get-it-done work ethic
Well-organized individual
Excellent interpersonal skills
Benefits:
Health, dental, paid holiday/vacation days, life insurance, 401K and
casual dress.
All Sphere Communications employees must sign an Employee Non-disclosure
Agreement.
Salary is commensurate with your experience.