Re: Isolation and the technical communicator

Subject: Re: Isolation and the technical communicator
From: Kathleen Kuvinka <kkuvinka -at- CLIENTELE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 08:11:55 -0700

All of this talk of isolation makes me wonder - how many contractors who
work on-site make an effort not to socialize? I always used to try to
help contractors feel "at home" until I was employed as one by the state
government. There were several of us, and we were literally watched and
reprimanded for our habits! (Yes, I know this was the citizen's tax
dollar at work, but someone was being paid your tax dollars to spy on
contractors...) I am very conscientious about the time I put in, even as
a full time employee, so this made me miserable. It also changed my
attitude a bit towards contractors.

Kathee