Re: Printing Question

Subject: Re: Printing Question
From: "Cramer, Kim" <Kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 13:36:02 -0700

Shifra (gldmeier -at- actcom -dot- co -dot- il) asked:

> A friend of mine is working on a project for a small company that
> wants to do its printing in-house. They bought a 'fancy' printer (not
> syre which one - but I can find out if necessary). They want their
> manual to be 1/2 the size of a regular letter page adn inserted into a
> 3 ring binder. The manual is a word doc. Is there any way to get 2
> pages to print on one piece of paper? And in the correct order? (if
> you print 1 and 2 on the same page - the back side would be 3 and 4 -
> cut that in half and its - well -wrong)
> I thought the most logical thing would be to resize the pages in Word
> and then print double sided on the correct size paper. When
> mentioning this to the 'boss'- he said he does not want to cut so many
> pages in half.
> Any ideas as to the best way to accomplish this?

Check out Woodys Office Power Pack (WOPR) - it includes a utility called
Two-by-Four that I think will do what you need. More info at
http://www.wopr.com

Note that I haven't used WOPR, but I have heard many good things about
it. And Woody's email MSOffice newsletter is wonderful!

Kim Cramer
mailto:kcramer -at- ncslink -dot- com
Sr. Information Developer
NCS Education, Mesa AZ