Re: grammar/spelling question

Subject: Re: grammar/spelling question
From: "Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)" <Marilyn_Baldwin -at- CAPGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 12:47:55 -0700

Hi, Sarah -

I've seen it as "24x7" for so long now - especially because of the Y2K
issue and disaster recovery - that I had to stop and think about how it's
usually spelled out the long way. Mostly I've seen it just as you wrote it
(no hyphens), unless it's used as an adjective, like "This will be a
24-hour-a-day, 7-days-a-week project during the final weeks of testing."

HTH!

- Marilyn Baldwin (mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com)

From: "Wigser; Sarah" <SWigser -at- XLCONNECT -dot- COM> AT Internet_Gateway on
06/10/98 03:36 PM

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU AT Internet_Gateway -at- ccmail
cc: (bcc: Marilyn Baldwin/CDS/CG/CAPITAL)
Subject: grammar/spelling question

Do you hyphenate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? If so, where?
=A0
TIA,
=A0
Sarah