Re: my pdf file problem SOLVED

Subject: Re: my pdf file problem SOLVED
From: Dal Gemmell <dal -at- LION -dot- SYSCOM -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:56:58 +0800

To my techwriter brethren and sistren(?),

Thanks to all who responded on and offline (you know who you are) to my
query about my color pdf problem.

Many people suggested my problem lay with my printer driver, but... actually
the problem lay with my monitor settings. A knowledgeable individual
informed me (thanks T), if you capture graphics while your monitor is set at
High Color, Distiller is unable to preserve their color. So to remedy this I
set my monitor to 256 Color and presto, beautiful color appeared amidst the
landscape of black-and-white.

I'm sorry S, I know this doesn't really help with your problem.

Now if I can only remember my stupid salary question...

Dal Gemmell
Syscom Computer Engineering Co.
dal -at- lion -dot- syscom -dot- com -dot- tw