Re: Screen vs. Window

Subject: Re: Screen vs. Window
From: K R Wolfe <keith -at- MERGE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:46:01 -0500

From our glossary:

*Menu
A GUI window, appearing on a monitor screen, providing two or more
user-selectable options (other than [OK] and [Cancel]). Selecting an option
from the menu results in either an additonal menu or dialog box, or a
function of the software. Typically, such GUI software has a top-level Main
Menu from which all software functions and processes start.

We use 'window' for a GUI element providing [OK] and [Cancel], etc.

We use screen to refer to the physical monitor screen.

Hope this helps.

kw