Re: Screen vs. Window

Subject: Re: Screen vs. Window
From: Matt Craver <MCraver -at- OPENSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:08:55 -0400

Amy G. Peacock [apeacock -at- WOLFENET -dot- COM] wrote:
> So what should I call these windows within
>windows? Vendor section? Side? Window? Should I refer to the
>location? Left side/Right side? What a good Friday question, eh? :)
I don't know if this is a standard, but in the real world, we call the
smaller sections of glass within a window panes, so I use "panes" in my
writing. Most people seem to understand immediately if I say left pane,
top pane, etc. I suppose you could use "lights" (the carpenter's term
for a part of a window divided by parts of the structure) or "frames"
(if you wanted to be "web-centric").
-Matthew Craver,
Technical Documentation
Open Solutions Inc.