Q: What is the Window's equivalent of the Mac's canvas?

Subject: Q: What is the Window's equivalent of the Mac's canvas?
From: Gayle Hoffman <Gayle_Hoffman -at- SGSGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 15:58:48 +0200

Hello everyone,

We're documenting a laboratory management application that is now
Windows-based. We are having a terminology problem. What is the term that
can explain the Window's equivalent of the Mac's canvas? This is connected
to the discussion on the screen vs. window vs. panes. We need to know what
to call the blank space around around a window, but it is not the Windows
desktop. We have been told that this space is the equivalent of the Mac's
canvas.

Any ideas or suggestions?

We greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks,