Re: Humor as a communication technique

Subject: Re: Humor as a communication technique
From: Gord Deyo <DeyoG -at- ITLS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:49:07 -0400

I doubt a customer who has just spent thousands of dollars for a
software package that may be the lifeblood of his/her business is going
to be in the mood for levity while trying to learn it. Humor does have
its places, but I think there could very easily be more negative
ramifications than positive by including it in technical documentation.

Is "Technical Writing for Dummies" out yet?

Tim Allen is probably hilarious. He just hasn't had any humorous lines
written for him yet, that's all. Maybe his writers should be writing
user manuals.