Humor again

Subject: Humor again
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:22:39 -0400

The previous two snips:

> IMHO, the cat story is great because nothing happened to a real cat. It
> is memorable and clearly gets the point across.

>>But it offended others. The fact that no real cats were harmed hardly
makes it appropriate. I know people who would have stopped reading a
publication immediately, perhaps even calling the vendor to ask "what
kind of sicko wrote this?" if they were presented with such an example.
Is that the best way to get the point across?<<

Again, the cat example got a first response giggle from me, too. The visual
was funny, but the concept is not. Is there two sides to humor? But the
bottom line is, is it appropriate for the context in which it is used??? I
do have a problem with *humor* that depicts harming critters, people, or
nature; you-know-the-promoting-a-cruel-world type of humor.

Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Standard disclaimers go here. . . . . .