Please Stop!

Subject: Please Stop!
From: Scott Wahl <swahl -at- BRIDGEWATERSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:37:08 -0400

Please stop this topic! 50+ messages about humour is not funny. This volume
on these sorts of topics will force those of us who are too busy to read
hundres of e-mails a day to quit this mailing list.

Thanks,

Scott

Pilipovich, Kathleen wrote:

> > Lisa Comeau wrote: "My fave was my grade 11
> > Physics teacher who discussed the principles
> > of accelleration and decelleration by using the
> > example of swinging a cat over your head by it's
> > tail and then letting it go..."
>
> > Laurel Nelson wrote: "I found the above statement
> > very offensive. To me, cruelty to animals is not
> > funny even when it's imaginery. As some people
> > have said, you have to be very careful when
> > using humor. It's all a matter of perception."
>
> I agree with Laurel and others. Be careful about humor.
> You can turn folks off in a hurry. Anyways, the best
> example I've seen of humor in a technical document
> was the user guide for Norton Utilities v6.0 for DOS.
> The procedures were straight forward and easy to
> follow. Chapters 1 and 2 explained how hard drives
> work and what can go wrong with them. He added
> humor in different parts of those chapters that broke
> up the technical information and kept the reader's
> interest. I don't have the book any more so this won't
> be an exact quote. In the section where he talked
> about what causes a hard drive to fail, he says
> head crashes, ....., and things that go bump in
> the night. Very light, not offensive, and appropriately
> placed - IMO.
>
> Kathy Pilipovich
> United Space Alliance
> 407-861-7723, USK-252

begin:          vcard
fn:             Scott Wahl
n:              Wahl;Scott
org:            Bridgewater Systems
adr:            555 Legget Dr.  Suite 800;;;Kanata;ON;K2K 2X3;CANADA
email;internet: swahl -at- bridgewatersys -dot- com
title:          Customer Documentation Coordinator
tel;work:       1-613-591-6655
tel;fax:        1-613-591-6656
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE