Re: Red X-marks in Word

Subject: Re: Red X-marks in Word
From: Barry Campbell <barry -at- WEBVERANDA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:03:39 -0400

At 05:20 PM 6/16/98 +0000, Jennifer Hines wrote:

>I was just wondering if anyone has encountered problems with red X-marks
>showing up in place of diagrams (generally cdr diagrams) in Word (or any other
>Microsoft Office) documents?
>If so, I'd love to hear how you overcame this problem.

This is a known problem in Microsoft Word. It's a bug, in other
words.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q162/3/49.asp

is a pointer to an article about the problem (registration may be
required to read this, but it's free). The article number is Q162349.

The fix is to download and apply Office Service Release 1.

Hope this helps.

I have no affiliation with Microsoft, aside from being a frequently
disgruntled user of their products.
--
Barry Campbell | Why people tear the seams of anyone's dreams
barry -at- webveranda -dot- com | is over my head... (Duke Ellington/Bob Russell,