Re: Inserting an Em-dash -Reply

Subject: Re: Inserting an Em-dash -Reply
From: Gen Whitt <Gen -dot- Whitt -at- SDINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:57:22 -0700

I have my Word set to automatically replace two consecutive hyphens (--)
with an em dash. It's set in Tools... Auto Correct. That way, I don't have
to press any special keys at all.

For an en dash, though, I use Insert... Symbol.

Gen

>>> David Harrison <david-x -dot- harrison -at- BAE -dot- CO -dot- UK> 06/16/98 02:27am >>>
There is another easy system that MS Word provides for favourite characters
like Em Dash.
1) Select the Insert-Symbol command and pick your Em-Dash.
2) Click on "Shortcur Keys" and set a short cut combination that you can
remeber.
I have set my machine to the "minus/underscore" keybetween 0 and = so thattt
Ctrl/Shift/- gives me Em-dash, this makes for an easy swotch between Hyphen
(minus) and Em-dash.