Using digital photos in technical doc

Subject: Using digital photos in technical doc
From: Elizabeth Kane <bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:00:16 -0700

I'm posting this for a friend. Can anyone help with his question?
Thanks,
Beth Kane
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com
------------------------------

Our Information Development group wants to use a digital camera
to take shots of our hardware products for inclusion in paper
manuals and online (HTML and PDF) docs. Does anyone out there
have any advice about the best way to do this, or any
recommendations for useful resources (books, Web sites, etc.)
that we should take a look at? If you already have some
experience using digital images in tech docs, we'd really like to
give you a call - if that'd be OK - to chat about some of the
challenges we've encountered so far and also about some general
questions.
Many thanks for any guidance.