Re: Word conditional text problem

Subject: Re: Word conditional text problem
From: Chris Knight <knight -at- ADA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 18:37:51 -0700

Chris Hamilton wrote:
> I'm using Word hidden text (Format>Font, Hidden Attribute) to hide
> delimiters I need to do some post processing after I save the file to
> HTML. The file in which the delimiters are hidden has text in it that
> users replace with real data. For instance, the file has this:
>
> &Title&Insert Title Here&Title&
>
> &Title& is hidden in both cases. The user should highlight "Insert Title
> Here" and replace it with the real title--except that the title then
> winds up being hidden. Which is bad.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I would get around it?

Your approach will definitely not work. If you really need the user to
enter data into a Word file, you could use Word's Form Field facility.
Look it up in Help. But you'll need to be more specific about what
you're doing. What "post processing"? AFTER saving as HTML??
Also, what you describe has nothing to do with "conditional text", which
is yet another possibility.

--
Chris Knight
Consultant, Technical Communication Architect