Re: UN*X Help

Subject: Re: UN*X Help
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- CORP -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:57:49 -0700

Since UNIX is a trademarked name, the original intent was to avoid
having to add the annoying "TM," as in "UNIX (TM)." Either copyright
laws have changed, or this was a myth to begin with, but now it's
supposed to be OK to write "UNIX." The convention persists either out of
habit, or, some suggest, as a religious effort similar to those who are
forbidden from uttering the name of God.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com