Re: font problems in Word

Subject: Re: font problems in Word
From: Chris Knight <knight -at- ADA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 09:25:33 -0700

Colleen Adams wrote:

> Has anyone experienced a problem in Word 95 with fonts appearing as
> one font on the screen, but printing in another?
>
> More specifically, our font on screen is courier, but is printing as Times
> New Roman. (I might also mention that this was a WordPerfect 5.1
> document converted to Word...hmmmmm)

If you select some text, does Word say (in the Font field in the
Formatting toolbar) it is "Courier"? Or is it "Courier New"?
If so, then the problem may be how you have set up Word to print
TrueType fonts (like Courier New). Navigate to
Tools/Options/Compatibility, then click on Font Substituition.

--
Chris Knight
Consultant, Technical Communication Architect