Re[4]: Faulty logic

Subject: Re[4]: Faulty logic
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:20:15 -0500

And, still, the majority of the (US) market pays by the number
of words _target language_, and not source.

Then we've been talking at cross-purposes, as both the poster you responded
to and myself have been talking about source, not target, language.

BTW, I got paid by the word for most of the work I did for magazines and
the like. I found it neither demeaning nor an incentive for padding. After
all, the editors involved knew padding when they saw it, and would reject
bad pieces. So I knew I wouldn't be allowed to get away with it. Guess
that's one of the beneficial side-effects of competition.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224