Re: HELP! Section breaks in Word97

Subject: Re: HELP! Section breaks in Word97
From: Walter Hanig <walter -dot- hanig -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:06:59 -0700

At 07:42 AM 6/23/98 PDT, you wrote:
>I am having a very frustrating time just now with Word97, and I'm
>wondering if anyone out there might be able to help (and quick!).
>
>I am working on a document in Word (because I have to). Normally, I
>have no problem with creating section breaks and different footers and
>all that jazz, but in this document, it keeps changing the Section Break
>Page). I can delete them and add new ones as much as I like, it just
>changes them to Odd Page behind my back.

Check whether the headers and footers are specified as "same as previous" (or whatever it's called). I've found that this setting will override and convert some types of section breaks. (Until I tracked this down, odd page section breaks were converted to continuous section breaks in an Index portion of a file.)

Good luck!

Walter

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: walter -dot- hanig -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- rice -dot- edu
Blood Type: O+