E-commerce Site

Subject: E-commerce Site
From: Robin Johnson <robin -at- MACSCH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 15:07:00 -0700

My company plans to implement a new e-commerce Web site, the crux of which
will consist of a bookstore featuring documentation from our assorted
product lines. Although we plan to use an external source to actually
design and manage the site, I've been tasked with coordinating the initial
effort (conducting an inventory, determining the status of the various
documents, setting up an interface, etc.). On the surface, this assignment
seems relatively straight-forward. However, I'm not quite sure where to
begin, and I suspect there's a great deal more to this enterprise than is
readily apparent.

Have any of you done anything similar? Can you share your experiences with
me? What specific tasks are involved, and what issues might I need to be
aware of? Do you know of any other resources that deal with this type of
thing? I would appreciate any information you could share with me.

Thanks for your help.

Robin Johnson