Re: Anyone used the new JavaHelp???????

Subject: Re: Anyone used the new JavaHelp???????
From: Jim Ramsay <JRamsay -at- RADIANCEGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:28:22 -0600

I thought "printing" and "Java" were mutually exclusive terms! (;-)

Seriously, we have serious reservations about HotJava, not only because
it can't print but also because it doesn't support anchors across frames
and chokes on such exotic extended ascii characters as curly quotes and
apostrophes... :-\

So we've downloaded the Ice browser for evaluation and it looks great,
almost too good to be true! All this in 120k? Do you have any
observations about using the Ice browser in your home-grown help that
you would be willing to share? I'd be particularly interested in how it
handles anchors across frames and extended ascii chars.

Thanks,
Jim Ramsay

Jim Ramsay Technical Publications
The Radiance Group, Inc. (303) 444-4370 x106
jramsay -at- radiancegroup -dot- com (303) 444-5388 Fax

Quote of the Day:
The sun got confused about daylight savings time. It rose
twice. Everything had two shadows. -- Steven Wright