Re: printing imbroglio

Subject: Re: printing imbroglio
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GPS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 08:26:14 -0500

Beth says:
>We work with three printing companies, one of them a big-name copy
> center. They've requested that we submit all our jobs as PostScript
> files -- and this has actually worked out pretty well! They don't need
> to understand a thing about FrameMaker or PageMaker, and they don't
> need to buy all the software packages their customers are using.
>
> Beth Kane
> Tucson, Arizona (too darn hot)
> bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com

Another alternative that has been working fabulously for us is to send
the printer an Acrobat (PDF) file. Give it a shot with a test job first.
We've been extremely satisfied with the results, and the printer loves
it because they don't have to worry about fonts, printer drivers,
yada-yada-yada.

Roy M. Jacobsen
Editor
Great Plains Software
rjacobse -at- gps -dot- com

"Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing more to
add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away." -- Antoine de
Saint-Exupery