Word 97 numbering question

Subject: Word 97 numbering question
From: Ginna Watts <sweep!gwatts -at- QUESTERCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:47:14 +0000

Hi all,

Moving to 97....I would consider myself more or less an expert, (in
Word 6/7 at least), but I'm having a problem that's making me tear
my hair out!

In our (new) templates, I have a "list number" style. That is, a
style for procedures etc. In the previous version, the tough part was
"skipping" the numbering. Now I'm having the opposite problem!

How do you set the style so that the default is to restart the
numbering!!!! Every time I start a new list, I have to right-click,
open the bullets and numbering box, and select 'restart'. This is
irritating to me, but I can't wait until the template goes into use.
I have enough trouble getting the engineers to use the styles, let
alone perform such tweaks.

I'm about ready to make everyone type in the numbers. Does anyone
have a solution ??

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Quester Tangent Corporation
gwatts -at- questercorp -dot- com