Re: Conferences/Seminars?

Subject: Re: Conferences/Seminars?
From: John Garison <jpg3 -at- MEDIAONE -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 09:16:42 -0400

Sean:

When selecting a conference, you should first determine what it is that you
need to gain from it. Do you need to learn more about tech writing? Tools?
Techniques? Currrent stuff? Future trends? Once you know what YOU need,
start looking around for what might best meet your needs.

Right now, I am in the middle of putting together a conference - Info
Online 98 - that focuses on the needs of people who are developing online
information. It's scheduled for Nov 1 - 4 in Chicago. As part of this
conference we have sessions and seminars on Knowledge Management, EPSS
Development, and technical writing. There will be 2 and 1/2 conference days
where over 60 sessions will be presented, and a whole day of seminars; our
speaker list is a veritable Who's Who of the writing community. This will
be THE premier event for the online content development community this year.

There's not a lot of information available yet - I'm just getting the final
sessions nailed down - but a mailing will be coming out around August 1,
and our web site will be fully populated by then as well.

I hope you'll consider Info Online 98 as your event!

John Garison

Sean wrote:
>I'm contemplating attendance at the Performance Support 98 conference
>(Dallas, Sept. 27-30), but would like to learn of other conferences/seminars
>before making a decision. My boss has approved one such event per year, so I
>want to make my choice carefully. I would really appreciate hearing from
list
>members who are aware of other conferences or seminars on the topics of
>Technical Writing, PSS, Knowledge Management, etc.
>I'm in a new role (Performance Support Consultant) with a new company and
>have a desire to develop my professional skills. My previous position
provided
>experience documenting procedures, but was very limited in scope and offered
>little opportunities for development.
>TIA,
>Sean McFerren
>Houston, TX
>smcferre -at- csc -dot- com

John Garison

978-250-0334 Voice
978-244-2504 Fax

jpg3 -at- mediaone -dot- net

http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jpg3/default.htm

DocuMentor - Online Information Consultant
Help University, Inc - Director of Communications -
http://www.helpuniversity.com
Producer - Info Online 98 - http://www.influent.com/online/index.htm