?Acrobat:target=new-window

Subject: ?Acrobat:target=new-window
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:26:02 -0700

(Also posted to FRAMEUSERS)

Q: How can I create a link from a primary PDF file to a secondary PDF
file that either will cause

a) a new Reader(Exchange) session to open

or

b) open a new window in the current Reader(Exchange) session?

Primary file is word processor file
select hypertext link to secondary PDF file #1
Reader/Exchange session launched
PDF file #1 displayed
select hypertext link to secondary PDF file #2
PDF file #2 displayed in 2nd Reader window
(of same session)

Primary file is PDF
select hypertext link to secondary PDF file #1
Secondary file DISPLACES primary file in
Reader window

Mouse 'Go Back' option is NOT acceptable since secondary PDFs may be
several pages long (each having navigation buttons).

An *UN*acceptable option is to put link on each secondary PDF back to
primary PDF, but I don't want to do that since I intend to use the
secondary PDFs with multiple primary PDFs (think boilerplate).

Suggestions?

The application is thus:
Main doc
reference to external PDF pix, table, etc.
return to main doc
reference to different PDF pix, table, etc.
return to main doc
The referenced external PDF file may be several pages in length (with
[Back], [Next], [Print] buttons, etc.
so using the mouse to Go Back is not practical.

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])