Re: FW: fostering plagiarism

Subject: Re: FW: fostering plagiarism
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 08:46:13 -0500

> Creating HTML code is a creative effort, exactly the thing that copyright
> laws and the ethical prohibition of plagiarism are meant to protect. Copying
> the results of such an effort and claiming them as your own is plagiarism.

Designing a printed publication is also a creative effort, but if
someone were to take my design and use it for their own publication
(using their own text, of course) I would not consider it plagiarism.
Laziness or lack of imagination, perhaps, but not plagiarism. Of course,
this is just my opinion, and my web site is so boring no one would steal
it anyway. ;-)

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/