Re: Problem with graphics in Word 7.0 on NT 4.0

Subject: Re: Problem with graphics in Word 7.0 on NT 4.0
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 18:48:12 +0200

Robert,

Which software are you using to create your manuals with? In which software
do you prepare your screenshots?

One thing you can try to do is to change the resolution of your screenshots
from the original 72 or so dpi to 300, for example. Make sure that the
image itself will not be scaled by that procedure. Then import again.

In Photoshop, that procedure is very easy. You change the resolution in the
Change Image Size window while keeping the file size constant.

Some programs allow you to specify a resolution for bitmaps when you import
the image. Framemaker comes to my mind. Here, the physical size of the
image is also indicated.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html