Re: Off Topic - synonym for tree

Subject: Re: Off Topic - synonym for tree
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- WRITEANGLES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 10:28:01 -0700

Kulis, Carene wrote:

> I am looking for a term that is synonymous with the word tree. By tree I
> mean lists in windows applications with pluses and minuses and when you
> click on the plus the list expands like a tree. I know it may be a

Carene,

Sometimes I use the term "hierarchical structure" or something similar
to that, but usually I use "tree" or "tree view" even in documentation.

In the MS Manual of Style for Tech, look under "submenu" - I think that
this is what you're looking for.

HTH.

Joanne Grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Write Angles www.writeangles.com

Always put off until tomorrow the things you shouldn't do at all.