Subject: Summary: Hardware Requirements for TW's [LONG]
From: Janet Russeau <janet -dot- russeau -at- LA-Z-BOY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:36:02 -0400

Thank you to everyone that responded to my questionnaire, the information
provided is wonderful. Our management group will be evaluating our request
to upgrade our PCs next week.

Thank you again for your assistance, the people on this list are wonderful.
:)

Janet Russeau
La-Z-Boy Incorporated
janet -dot- russeau -at- la-z-boy -dot- com

The following is a summary of the responses I received:

Processor Speed Quantity Comments
60 MHz 1
100 MHz 1
120 MHz 1
133 MHz 2
200 MHz Pentium II 6
233 MHz Pentium II 6 1 upgrading to 300 MHz
266 MHz Pentium II 5 1 upgrading to 300 MHz
300 MHz Pentium II 2
333 MHz Pentium II 3
400 MHz Pentium II 1
Pentium II MMX 2 No processor speed reported

Hard Drive Size Quantity Comments
SCSI 1 No other hard drive information
reported
730 MB 1
0.5 GB 2
1.0 GB 2
1.5 GB 3
2.0 GB 4 1 upgrading to a 6 GB
2.1 GB 1
3.0 GB 1
3.2 GB 1
3.5 GB 1
4.0 GB 2
4.2 GB 2
4.3 GB 1
4.5 GB 1
5.0 GB 1
6.0 GB 2
8.4 GB 1

Amount of RAM Quantity Comments
32 MB 5 1 upgrading to 64 MB
40 MB 1
48 MB 1
64 MB 10 2 upgrading to 128 MB
72 MB 1
96 MB 2
128 MB 10

Monitor Size Quantity Comments
15" 1
17" 13 1 upgrading to 21"
19" 2
20" 2
21" 5

Sound Card/Speakers Quantity
Yes 19
No 11

Operating System Quantity Comments
Windows 95 2 1 upgrading to Windows NT 4.0
Windows NT 4.0 6

Additional Hardware Quantity Comments
2 MB VRAM 2 Matrox Millinium video card
4 MB video RAM 1 Diamond Stealth Video card
8 MB VRAM 1 AGP graphics card
16 MB video RAM 1
Additional VRAM 2 Unsure of exact amount
Getting additional VRAM 1 Unsure of exact amount
Graphic accelerator 1 No specs handy
Digital Camera or Scanner 1
PCI Wavetable Sound Card 1
Internal Zip Drive 1

Additional Comments
"I run all the applications you listed and almost never have your problems.
?I run Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, PageMaker, and Acrobat. Corrupted
files might be a sign of a hard drive problem, but the others sound like
life with Win95."

"Are you sure your problems aren't caused by the Microsoft products you are
using? I don't use Microsoft products and I don't experience the problems
you quoted above."

"Upgrading from a 133 to 233 made a significant difference. I have a lot
less PC lockups/corrupted files/GPFs/Illegal operations."