Re: Visually impaired technical writers

Subject: Re: Visually impaired technical writers
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:25:35 -0700

Christa,

Please, no flame wars. I did say "somewhat inappropriate"
and tried to keep my comments to the facts. Several of the
recent posts have supported my original observations about
software and skills.

>I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think a visually
>impaired TW is a good fit in every single situation.

This may be true. The same goes for sighted technical
writers -- skills determine the job, and the job determines
the skills. I'd be careful about presuming too many things
about what a blind writer can and can not do (just see
Eric's post), however. That's where ignorance creates
barriers to entry, and that *does* get me riled up.

Let the discussion continue....

Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer