Senior Technical Write, contract position available

Subject: Senior Technical Write, contract position available
From: Darla Kennington <kenningt -at- T-III -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 11:02:34 -0700

GTE Enterprise Solutions provides solutions to the real estate and
mortgage banking industries in the United States. Our program suite
includes software applications and browser-based products.
We are a young and growing company that encourages growth and initiative
in our employees.

3-6 month contract for:
Senior Technical Writer, GTE Enterprise Solutions

Responsibilities:

This individual will be responsible for maintaining documentation
standards and ensuring that document adhere to style guide and industry
standards. This person will manage their own project schedules and
ensure that their deadlines are met. This individual will also create
and maintain online and hardcopy user documentation for the various GTE
Enterprise Solutions products. This person will prepare the various
customized documents for the particular product and must be proficient
at designing, writing, and editing documentation. The successful
applicant must excel at structuring and chunking information, writing to
style guidelines, and interviewing subject matter experts. This person
will also be responsible for implementing processes and staying abreast
of changes in the technical writing industry.

Qualifications for this position are:

* 3+ years experience in creating Help systems and user manuals
for software products
* Experience creating style guides and documentation design
standards
* Excellent written, communication, and editing skills
* Knowledge of Help authoring tools such as Doc-to-Help and
RoboHelp
* Familiarity with upcoming transition to HTML-based Help an asset
* Experience with HTML and web site development
* University degree or equivalent experience

Please reply to me directly with your resumes. Thanks for your interest!

Darla Kennington, Team Lead Documentation
GTE Enterprise Solutions
8999 Nelson Way, Burnaby, BC, V5A 4B5
tel: 604.293.5744 e-mail:kenningt -at- t-iii -dot- com