Re: tech writting ads

Subject: Re: tech writting ads
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:18:29 -0400

Amy -
I have seen tech writer ads listed in various papers under:
Writing
Editing
Technical
Software
Data Processing
Engineering
Electronics
Telecommunications
Information Processing
Computers

I haven't looked lately, but in the past, it seemed that most TW ads in
the Atlanta papers were listed under "Technical". There have been plenty
of times however when there were no TW positions under "Technical", but
a search of other categories turned up a few ads. I know it's a pain to
have to search through the entire Help Wanted section of a large paper,
but I did find my second TW job listed under "Electronics", so I
wouldn't rule out this method. You might also want to check your
newspaper's web site if they have one - some large papers post their
"Help Wanted" ads and allow you to check them by keyword or category.

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Senior Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.