Re: CDs and related (?) stuff

Subject: Re: CDs and related (?) stuff
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:16:10 -0400

Damien Braniff wrote:
> It has been decided, after much discussion, that we are going to supply
our
> software and documentation on CD (aiming for complete switch by the new
> year). Hard copy supplied will comprise an installation guide and a
basic
> user guide. Everything else will be supplied on the CD with the
hardware.
> If the customer wants hard copy then it can be printed or supplied by us
> (at a price). Now to my questions:
>
> My initial thoughts are to go down the PDF route - simple to do and
> reader free to distribute. Development suggested looking at HTML as a
> possibility. Any thoughts suggestions? Would the HTML route require
> much (any?) reworking of the documents etc?

I have found that HTML is not acceptable for printing, since it does not
retain any page information. If somebody wants to print and use a hardcopy
manual, this will look absolutely crappy. We have decided to go with PDF.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny -at- petvalu -dot- com or suzette -at- yesic -dot- com